TV Foundation Assistant
Application deadline: midday 4th March 2022
Kickstart role – £11.05 p/h – 25hr per week, 6 Month FTC (March 2022 – August/September 2022)
The TV Foundation is a charity dedicated to addressing inequality in the sector and providing invaluable talent development interventions for over 4,000 people since 1990. Alongside our much-coveted existing schemes, The Network and Ones to Watch which have helped over 4000 individuals, the Foundation also supports TV PhD, our annual New Voice Awards, and our annual specialist factual / academic event AHTV.
We remain committed to tackling the big issues, as well as reaching those who don’t believe a TV career is possible for them.
The TV Foundation Assistant will report to the Talent Schemes Producer. The successful applicant will work across all aspects of the Talent Schemes and gain knowledge and experience of how a major international event is run. The role is based primarily in the Foundation’s central London offices, with up to eight days spent in Edinburgh over the Festival period in August from the 19th to 26th. Travel to and accommodation in Edinburgh for this week is provided by the Foundation.
- Supporting the smooth management of TV Foundation activity
- Assist the outreach and marketing of our three flagship talent programmes
- Supporting the assessment and selection process for all three programmes
- Contribute to a range of Foundation events in both London and Edinburgh
- Providing administrative support to the Managing Director of The TV Foundation
- Supporting delivery of the Talent Schemes programme on site in Edinburgh
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience using Social Media platforms, particularly Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Experience working in an office, retail or other public-facing environment
The job description gives an outline of key duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The post holder may be asked from time to time to take on other responsibilities as reasonably requested by her/his manager.
Suitable candidates must be aged 16-24, currently be claiming Universal Credit and are required to apply through local Job Centres following a referral from their Work Coach. Anyone interested should speak to their Work Coach as soon as possible.