DEADLINE: 01 MAY
The Edinburgh International Television Festival, based in London, is one of the most prestigious and hugely-anticipated events in the media calendar, attracting senior TV executives and a host of stars from in front and behind the camera, from Sir David Attenborough and Russell T Davies, to Fleabag’s Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Russell Brand.
We are seeking a highly organised and enthusiastic Production Secretary to act as the main point of contact between the Festival, over 30 session producers and our post production house to source, manage and deliver all necessary edit materials for the creation of Festival session VT packages.
- The role will also involve gathering research to inform some Festival sessions.
- We’re looking for someone who is confident and friendly as the role will involve negotiating the use of clips for free and chasing often very busy contacts for information.
- As the team is very small, you will be fully responsible for the successful management and achievement of this vital Festival role.
- You’ll also need to be highly organised, efficient and unflappable under pressure as the role will become highly-pressured in the lead up to the festival at the end of August.
- The ability to manage complex, multiple delivery deadlines under pressure will be your forte, and you’ll be expected to hit the ground running.
- Being able to plan and manage your workload effectively is a must, as is having a meticulous attention to detail.
- We’re looking for someone with experience of managing downloads/tapes/timecoding in addition to rights clearances within a post-production environment.
- First-hand experience of liaising with an edit would be advantageous.
- You’ll also have experience of getting licensing permissions and release forms signed as this will be your responsibility.
- You may also be required to assist with other administrative tasks within the office, primarily with the travel and accommodation department.
We’re looking for someone with a passion for and knowledge of the TV industry, who isn’t afraid to get stuck in. In return you’ll be working alongside some of the leading names within the TV industry and get to experience the Festival first hand. You’ll need to be proactive, confident and professional with as you’ll be communicating with the top names within the TV industry.
This is a fixed term contract starting late May and finishing on August 23rd. Applicants must have no prior commitments between August 18th – 23rd 2019. Rate is £550 per week.
How to Apply
Please click to send a covering letter and CVAPPLY NOW
*By submitting your application you consent to us processing your information. For more information on how we use and store your personal data please click belowFIND OUT MORE