Application deadline: midday 4th March 2022
Kickstart role – £11.05 p/h – 25hr per week, 6 Month FTC (March 2022 – August/September 2022)
Established in 1976, The Edinburgh TV Festival is the UK’s leading event for the global TV industry, attracting 2,000 delegates to Edinburgh every August. It is wholly owned by The TV Foundation, a charity dedicated to addressing inequality in the sector and providing invaluable talent development interventions for over 4,000 people since 1990.
The Festival Assistant will report to the Office and Finance Manager. This role is an exciting opportunity to join the small team behind one of the industry’s biggest events. The successful applicant will work across all aspects of the Festival and gain knowledge and experience of how a major international event is run. The role is based primarily in the Foundation’s central London offices, with up to eight days spent in Edinburgh over the Festival period in August from the 19th to 26th. Travel to and accommodation in Edinburgh for this week is provided by the Festival.
- Efficient general office management assistance including co-ordination with internal stakeholders and suppliers
- Efficient assistance in management of the Festival Office in Edinburgh
- First point of contact for external visitors
- Contribute to a range of Festival events in both London and Edinburgh
- Providing administrative support to the Festival Producer and Creative Director
- Overseeing festival stewards including recruitment and accommodation
- Organising meetings, travel and accommodation where necessary
- Manage the office move from London to Edinburgh with the Office and Finance Manager
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Experience using Social Media platforms, particularly Instagram, Twitter and Facebook
- Experience working in an office, retail or other public-facing environment
The job description gives an outline of key duties and is not intended to be an exhaustive list. The post holder may be asked from time to time to take on other responsibilities as reasonably requested by her/his manager.
Suitable candidates must be aged 16-24, currently be claiming Universal Credit and are required to apply through local Job Centres following a referral from their Work Coach. Anyone interested should speak to their Work Coach as soon as possible.