This policy details what personal information we collect and why we collect it, how we use your information and how you can access and update it. This policy relates specifically to the Edinburgh TV Festival’s Talent Schemes – The Network and Ones to Watch – and other initiatives as run by this department.
What information do we collect?
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of personal information:
- information about your computer and about your visits to and use of this website;
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of applying for The Network and Ones to Watch, or other initiatives as run by the Edinburgh TV Festival Talent Schemes.
- information that you provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, email notifications and/or newsletters.
A cookie consists of information sent by a web server to a web browser, and stored by the browser. The information is then sent back to the server each time the browser requests a page from the server. This enables the web server to identify and track the web browser.
Most browsers allow you to reject all cookies, whilst some browsers allow you to reject just third party cookies. For example, in Internet Explorer you can refuse all cookies by clicking “Tools”, “Internet Options”, “Privacy”, and selecting “Block all cookies” using the sliding selector. Blocking all cookies will, however, have a negative impact upon the usability of many websites.
Using your personal information
We may use your personal information to:
- enable your use of the services available on the website;
- send you email notifications which you have specifically requested;
- send to you marketing communications relating to the Talent Schemes which we think may be of interest to you where you have specifically agreed to this, by email or similar technology (you can inform us at any time if you no longer require marketing communications);
- deal with enquiries made by or about you relating to the Talent Schemes
We will not provide your personal information to any third parties for the purpose of direct marketing.
As part of the registration process for The Network and Ones to Watch, we collect personal information about you, including your email address. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about things you’ve asked us to tell you about (assessment days, interviews, alumni offers, job vacancies, etc); to contact you if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to check our records are right and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don’t rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
We use a third-party provider, MailChimp, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our e-newsletter. For more information, please see MailChimp’s privacy notice. You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails
In addition, we may disclose your personal information:
- to the extent that we are required to do so by law;
- in connection with any legal proceedings or prospective legal proceedings;
- in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights (including providing information to others for the purposes of fraud prevention and reducing credit risk).
Security of your personal information
We will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
Of course, data transmission over the internet is inherently insecure, and we cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
You may instruct us to provide you with any personal information we hold about you. Provision of such information will be subject to the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity.
You may instruct us not to process your personal information for marketing purposes by email at any time. In practice, you will usually either expressly agree in advance to our use of your personal information for marketing purposes, or we will provide you with an opportunity to opt-out of the use of your personal information for marketing purposes.
Third party websites
The website contains links to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy policies or practices of third party websites.