New Voice Awards
What is the eligibility period for the 2020 New Voice Awards?
- Programmes entered for the Debut Writer, Debut Director and Debut Presenter awards must have been released or broadcast within the eligibility period of 1 January 2019 – 31 December 2019.
- Evidence provided by production companies, broadcasters and agencies must focus on the same period.
- Shows submitted for the Stage to Screen Award must have been performed within the same period.
Is there a limit on how many programmes or scripts I can enter?
- No, but you can only submit one programme or script per entry form. Please click ‘Create a new form’ for each new entry.
Are the awards open to international entrants?
- Individual entrants can be any nationality, but they must primarily reside in the UK.
- Broadcasters, Agencies and Companies must all be based in the UK.
How much does it cost to enter?
- The Early Bird fee to enter any of the awards for individuals is £5 per entry, until Friday 3 January 2020. After that, the fee will be £10 per entry. Some fee waivers are available for people who are unwaged or otherwise unable to pay. Please email email@example.com to ask for a fee waiver.
- The fee for broadcasters is £200, excluding VAT. The fee for production companies is £100, excluding VAT. The fee for large agencies (11 or more employees) is £100, excluding VAT; the fee for small agencies (10 or fewer employees) is £50, excluding VAT.
Can I get a refund on my entry fee?
- The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot give any refunds.
How do I pay?
- Individual entries are paid for by debit or credit card through WorldPay via the entry portal.
- Company entries can be paid by card or by BACS.
What currencies do you accept?
- The entry fee must be paid in pounds sterling.
Who judges the first round of entries that will decide the shortlist?
- The first round of entries are judged by the Talent Schemes and Festival teams.
Who judges the shortlist to decide the winner?
- There will be a carefully selected jury of TV industry professionals for each category who will decide the winners.
When will I find out if I’ve been shortlisted?
- We will announce the shortlist in February.
Where does the ceremony take place?
- The awards ceremony is held at the Rich Mix in London on Tuesday February 25 and all ticket holders will also be able to attend a special new writer’s panel, details of which will be announced in the coming weeks. See more here