New Voice Awards
What is the eligibility period for the 2023 New Voice Awards?
- Programmes entered for the Debut Writer, Debut Director and Debut Presenter awards must have been released or broadcast within the eligibility period of 1 January 2022 – 31 December 2022.
- Evidence provided by production companies, broadcasters and agencies must focus on the same period.
Is there a limit on how many programmes or scripts I can enter?
- No, but you can only submit one programme or script per entry form. If you would like to submit more than one entry please complete the form, then refresh the page to begin again.
Are the awards open to international entrants?
- Individual entrants can be any nationality, but they must primarily reside in the UK.
- Broadcasters, Agencies and Companies must all be based in the UK.
How much does it cost to enter?
- The fee to enter all individual awards is £20. This covers the cost of running the awards and assessing entries. Some fee waivers are available for people who are unwaged or otherwise unable to pay. Please email email@example.com to ask for a fee waiver.
- The fee for broadcasters is £250, excluding VAT. The fee for production companies is £150, excluding VAT. The fee for large agencies (11 or more employees) is £100, excluding VAT; the fee for small agencies (10 or fewer employees) is £50, excluding VAT.
- Any proceeds from the New Voice Awards go back to The TV Foundation.
Can I get a refund on my entry fee?
- The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot give any refunds.
How do I pay?
- Individual entries are paid for by debit or credit card via Stripe.
- Company entries can be paid by card or by BACS.
What currencies do you accept?
- The entry fee must be paid in pounds sterling.
Who judges the first round of entries that will decide the shortlist?
- The first round of entries are judged by the TV Foundation teams.
Who judges the shortlist to decide the winner?
- There will be a carefully selected jury of TV industry professionals for each category who will decide the winners.
When will I find out if I’ve been shortlisted?
- We will announce the shortlist in March
Where does the ceremony take place?
- Details of the ceremony will be announced in 2023.