New Voice Awards
What is the eligibility period for the 2019 New Voice Awards?
- Programmes entered for the Debut Writer and Debut Director awards must have been released or broadcast within the eligibility period of 1 January 2018 – 31 December 2018.
- Evidence provided by production companies, broadcasters and agencies must focus on the same period.
- Shows submitted for the Writer/Performer Award must have been performed within the same period.
Is there a limit on how many programmes or scripts I can enter?
- No, but you can only submit one programme or script per entry form. Please click ‘Create a new form’ for each new entry.
How much does it cost to enter?
- The Early Bird fee to enter any of the awards for individuals is £5 per entry, until Thursday 13 December. After that, the fee will be £10 per entry. Some fee waivers are available for people who are unwaged or otherwise unable to pay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to ask for a fee waiver.
- The fee for broadcasters is £200, excluding VAT. The fee for production companies is £100, excluding VAT. The fee for large agencies (11 or more employees) is £100, excluding VAT; the fee for small agencies (10 or fewer employees) is £50, excluding VAT.
Can I get a refund on my entry fee?
- The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot give any refunds.
What card types do you accept?
- The following cards are accepted where payment is authorised by credit or debit card
What currencies do you accept?
- The entry fee must be paid in pounds sterling.
Who judges the first round of entries that will decide the shortlist?
- The first round of entries are judged by the Talent Schemes and Festival teams.
Who judges the shortlist to decide the winner?
- There will be a carefully selected jury of TV industry professionals for each category who will decide the winners.
When will I find out if I’ve been shortlisted?
- We will announce the shortlist in early February.
Where does the ceremony take place?
- The awards ceremony is held at the Rich Mix in London on Tuesday February 26.