TALENT SCHEMES PRODUCER
DEADLINE: Monday 4th October 2021APPLY NOW
The TV Foundation, the umbrella charity of the Edinburgh TV Festival is looking for a Talent Schemes Producer to spearhead the delivery of our 2022 programme of talent schemes and other charitable activities
Alongside our much-coveted existing schemes, The Network and Ones to Watch which have helped over 4000 individuals, the Foundation also supports our new scheme TV PhD, our annual New Voice Awards, and our annual specialist factual / academic event AHTV.
We remain committed to tackling the big issues, as well as reaching those who don’t believe a TV career is possible for them.
We’re looking for a creative, detail-oriented producer who’s passionate about increasing access in the TV industry to spearhead the creation and delivery of our 2022 programme of events and schemes.
£33k pro rata
Full time, 10 Month FTC (December 2021 – September 2022)
Flexibility regarding remote working – minimum 2 days a week at Edinburgh TV Festival offices, London, EC1X 3BR.
We are also open to conversations around working days and hours to help support parents, carers and other commitments.
Subject to funding, the role has scope to transition to a permanent role in autumn 2022.
- Managing the outreach and marketing of our three flagship talent programmes, The Network, Ones to Watch and TV PhD
- Managing and executing the assessment and selection process for all three programmes
- Programming and producing sessions and masterclasses for all three programmes at Edinburgh TV Festival 2022
- Working with the wider team on the delivery of our new talent awards, the New Voice Awards, and specialist factual TV event, AHTV
- Offering ongoing support to our alumni network, including through our job pool
- Recruiting and line managing the Talent Schemes Assistant
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work flexibly across different projects, both independently and as part of a team
- Experience managing high volumes of data
- Ability to confidently interact with a wide range of stakeholders, from senior industry figures to new entrants
- Experience of managing and delivering events and/or training programmes
- Experience planning and conducting interviews
- Good knowledge of the UK TV industry and understanding of the issues surrounding diversity and inclusion
- Experience using Mailchimp, Airtable and/ or Typeform
- Experience using social media professionally
- Experience working with new and emerging talent
Please note, this role will require some occasional evening work and overnight travel, in addition to a full week in Edinburgh for the 2022 Edinburgh Television Festival.
We support diversity and inclusion and actively welcome and encourage applicants from under-represented groups, both of non-white ethnicity and/or those who identify as D/deaf and disabled. If you let us know you belong to any of these groups in your cover letter and meet our minimum requirements we guarantee you will be invited for a first round interview.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter to Recruitment@TheTVFestival.com.