FREE FOR FREELANCERS
We are offering the opportunity for freelancers whose income has been affected by the pandemic and have been excluded from government support to apply for a free pass to the 2021 programme.
Freelancers who meet one of the following criteria will be eligible to apply:
- Newly Self-employed: Individuals who set up in business after 6 April 2019 and therefore do not have a tax return from the required 3-year period 2016-17/2017-18/2018-19.
- Non-trading Profit more than 50% Trading Profit:
– PAYE/Self-employment mix with less than 50% of income from self-employment
– Other income
– Trading Profits +£50k
- Maternity/Parental/Adoption Leave: those on maternity leave during the 3-year period considered for SEISS during which their usual earnings would have dropped and therefore their entitlement is not based on their usual income
- PAYE Freelancers: those on short-term PAYE contracts cannot claim CJRS despite being on payroll.
As part of the application process, you will be asked to supply two supporting documents:
- Proof of your excluded status – eg confirmation of your maternity leave or registration for self-assessment
- Proof of your freelancer status – this should ideally be proof of your most recent self-assessment tax return OR alternatively your most recent freelance contract
You will also be asked for a short statement explaining your circumstances in more detail.
Pass waivers are funded by our charity The TV Foundation – please consider making a donation to support our free to access schemes in this challenging year.