Edinburgh TV Awards FAQS
Entering The Awards
The 2024 Awards will open for submissions on Monday 04 March 2024. The Early Bird (30% discount) submission deadline is midnight on Thursday 11 April. The final submission deadline is midnight on Thursday 09 May.
- For Channel and Production categories, you must provide a two to three minute showreel featuring highlights across the eligibility period. Any videos over three minutes long will not be accepted.
- For Programme and Performance categories, please provide one full episode.
- Which episode should I choose?
- Programme: Please pick one episode that you feel best represents the series as a whole and upload as an MP4/Quicktime file. If you choose to submit an episode that isn’t the series pilot, consider including written scene setting information alongside it so that our judges can place it within the series.
- Performance: Please upload the episode that best represents the entrant’s performance within the eligibility period for judging purposes. It is vital that the entrant is highly visible in this episode so that our judges can effectively assess the strength of their performance.
- For all categories requiring video evidence, you must also provide a 20 second clip of the episode or showreel in case of nomination.
Please note that all submission video evidence must be fully captioned D/deaf viewers if at all possible. Nominee clips must be fully captioned without exception.
If there is anything preventing you from submitting your entries, please let us know and we will do our best to help. Email email@example.com
Programmes entered must have been released and broadcast within the eligibility period of April 01 2023 – March 31 2024.
All evidence provided must also be from within the same period.
The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot typically give any refunds but may do so in some circumstances at the discretion of management. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02072789515.
Refunds are not permitted after the submission deadline date.
The first round of entries are judged by our Advisory Committee and Talent Schemes alumni.
There will be a carefully selected jury for each category, who will decide the final winners.
The shortlist will be announced in July 2024.
If you still have questions about the Edinburgh TV Awards, please get in touch.