EDINBURGH TV AWARDS FAQs
What are the submission deadlines for the 2022 Awards?
The 2022 Awards will open for submissions on 1st March 2022. The early submission deadline is Thursday 28th April, after which a 30% late fee applies. The final submission deadline is Thursday 12th May.
What do I need to submit as video evidence?
- For Channel and Production categories and the Global Success Award, you must provide a 2 to 3min showreel featuring highlights across the eligibility period. Any videos over 3min long will not be accepted.
- For Programme and Performance categories, please provide one full episode.
- For all categories requiring video evidence you must also provide a 30s clip of the episode or showreel in case of nomination.
- Please note all submission video evidence must be fully captioned D/deaf viewers if at all possible. Nominee clips must be fully captioned.
If there is anything preventing you from submitting your entries, please let us know and we will do our best to help! firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the eligibility period for the 2022 Awards?
- Programmes entered must have been released and broadcast within the eligibility period of April 1 2021 – March 31 2022.
- All evidence provided must also date from within the same period.
Is there a limit on how many programmes I can enter?
- No, please click ‘Create a new form’ for each new entry
Can I get a refund on my entry fee?
- The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot generally give any refunds but may do so in some circumstances at the discretion of management.
- Refunds are not permitted after the submission deadline date.
- Please contact email@example.com or call 02072789515
What are the payment terms?
- The preferred payment method is by credit card online, payment by BACS is also permitted – please refer to the details on the invoice.
What card types do you accept?
- All major credit cards are accepted including American Express
What currencies do you accept?
The entry fee must be paid in pounds sterling.
Who judges the first round of entries that will decide the shortlist?
- The first round of entries are judged by our Advisory Committee and Talent Schemes Alumni.
Who judges the shortlist to decide the winner?
- There will be a carefully selected jury for each category who will decide the final winners.
When is the shortlist announced?
- The shortlist will be announced in July 2022
Where does the ceremony take place?
- We will be returning to an in-person event in Edinburgh during the Festival week.
THE EDINBURGH TELEVISION FESTIVAL LTD
REGISTERED OFFICE: 9 AINSLIE PLACE, EDINBURGH EH3 6AT
FESTIVAL HEAD OFFICE: UNIT 2, 117 FARRINGDON ROAD, LONDON, EC1R 3BX
REGISTERED NO. SC135838 | VAT NO. 270 9183 50