EDINBURGH TV AWARDS FAQs
Changes to the 2020 Festival
Are the Awards going ahead still now that the Festival has moved online?
Yes! Now more than ever we want to celebrate the achievements of our industry over the past year. We are planning to hold an Awards Ceremony later in the year as soon as it is safe to do so.
What are the submission deadlines for the 2020 Awards?
We have further extended the deadlines in light of changes to the Festival and Ceremony. The new deadlines are:
- Last Create Date – Friday 26 June 2020
- First Submission Deadline – Friday 3 July 2020 (30% late fee applies after this date)
- Final Submission Deadline – Friday 10 July 2020
I am working remotely and can’t access all the material I need to create a submission, what can I do?
We have adapted the entry requirements to accommodate this situation:
- Showreels are no longer mandatory for the Channel, Production and Performance categories
- You are now able to provide a link to video evidence instead of uploading files if this has become impossible
- If there is anything else preventing you from submitting your entries, please let us know and we will do our best to help! firstname.lastname@example.org
What is the eligibility period for the 2020 Awards?
- Programmes entered must have been released and broadcast within the eligibility period of April 1 2019 – March 31 2020.
- All evidence provided must also date from within the same period.
Is there a limit on how many programmes I can enter?
- No, please click ‘Create a new form’ for each new entry
Can I get a refund on my entry fee?
- The entry fee covers the costs associated with processing your entry. We cannot generally give any refunds but may do so in some circumstances at the discretion of the management.
- Refunds are not permitted after the deadline date for submissions Friday 8 May 2020
- Please contact email@example.com or call 02072789515
What are the payment terms?
- The preferred payment method is by credit card online, payment by BACS is also permitted – please refer to the details on the invoice.
What card types do you accept?
- The following cards are accepted where payment is authorised by credit or debit card
What currencies do you accept?
The entry fee must be paid in pounds sterling.
Who judges the first round of entries that will decide the shortlist?
- The first round of entries are judged by our Advisory Committee, Festival Patrons and Talent Schemes Alumni.
Who judges the shortlist to decide the winner?
- There will be a carefully selected jury for each category who will decide the winners.
When is the shortlist announced?
- The shortlist will be announced in August 2020
Where does the ceremony take place?
- The Awards Ceremony will be held later this year. We are working on confirming a date and venue as soon as we know it is safe for us all to gather again.
THE EDINBURGH TELEVISION FESTIVAL LTD
REGISTERED OFFICE: 9 AINSLIE PLACE, EDINBURGH EH3 6AT
FESTIVAL HEAD OFFICE: UNIT 2, 117 FARRINGDON ROAD, LONDON, EC1R 3BX
REGISTERED NO. SC135838 | VAT NO. 270 9183 50