The SVP of Development oversees the development process for all original & acquired unscripted programming. As SVP of Development, I provide leadership and creative direction to the entire development process.
“ID premieres over 650 hours a year ”
SHOWS I OVERSEE:
I’m responsible for the conceptualization and development of several hit ID series, including but not limited to: Evil Lives Here, Body Cam, People Magazine Investigates, American Monster, Village of the Damned, See No Evil, Dead of Winter, Dark Waters, Lake Erie and Someone You Thought You Knew.
WOULD LIKE TO MEET:
Producers with projects that fit INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY’s remit:
- ID is a true-crime/non-fiction network focusing on mystery-and-suspense content
- ID features: Series, event programming, serialized programs, in-depth specials/films and thought-provoking documentaries. We focus on high-stakes crime (which primarily means murder) though we don’t rule out all kinds of impactful crime – e.g. double lives, cults, survivor stories, etc.
- Types of shows/style: Talent-led, documentary, retrospective/narrative storytelling covering adjudicated cases – can use mix of interview, archive, recre, etc., verité/active-investigations. We’re open to the best narrative approach and shooting style that depicts crime stories and POV of the people involved.
- Examples of hits: IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH, HOMICIDE HUNTER, BODY CAM, LAKE ERIE, AMERICAN MONSTER, EVIL LIVES HERE
- We target P25-54 and skew 60% female (skew depends on the show)
- Digital headline: Mid form & original digital content can be pitched through the development team. We’re actively accepting pitches and experimenting with formats within the genre.