ConnectED @ Edinburgh TV Festival Online – August 24-27, 2020
Digital pass holders can request speed meetings with our stellar line-up of Festival hosts, 2020.
UK and international hosts include commissioners from the BBC, Channel 4, Sky, ITV, YouTube and more across genres spanning drama, documentary, factual entertainment and popular factual, short-form, daytime and early peak and comedy.
Our speed meetings are 12 minutes long and are scheduled according to the host’s availability so please ensure you will be available during their one hour slot before requesting meetings. We will do our best to confirm at least one of your requests but cannot guarantee that you will secure a meeting.
All meetings will take place via Zoom and confirmation emails will be sent to applicants on Friday 21 August.
Deadline for applications is Monday 17 August 09.00.FAQ'S
ConnectED Speed Meeting Hosts 2020
Commissioning Editor, Documentaries
Head of Daytime & Early Peak Commissioning
Head of Popular Factual & Factual Entertainment BBC
Head of Docs, History & Religion
Head of Unscripted
Commissioning Editor, Factual
Channel 5, ViacomCBS
Head of Factual
Head of Comedy
Head of Development & Commissioning Editor, Factual Entertainment
Manager, International Co-Productions & Acquisitions
AMC & SundanceTV at AMC Networks
Head of Originals EMEA
SVP, Co-Production & Development
Commissioning Editor, Drama, England
EVP, Original Programming
Commissioning Editor, Comedy
Louise Thornton, Commissioning Editor, Digital, Social & Youth BBC
Thursday 30 July | 15.00 - 16.00
To find out more about commissioning requirements across comedy, factual, arts, music and podcasts visit the BBC Scotland website.
Applications close at 17.00 Tuesday 28th July.
Screen Scotland – Executive Team & Screen Commission
Thursday 6 August | 15.00 – 16.00
Screen Scotland works across all genres – scripted, unscripted, live action, animated, children’s content.
Members of the Screen Scotland executive team (funding, development, skills, audiences) and screen commission team (locations, crew, studio space, filming in Scotland) are here to discuss queries from producers and production companies, about developing new projects, facilitating co-productions, bringing a project to film in Scotland, and companies outside Scotland looking to connect with producers in Scotland.
Our strategic capacity is expanding, with new team members Dani Carlaw as Head of Unscripted, Kieran Hannigan as Head of Scripted and Steven Little as Head of Production, joining recent appointments Louise Acheson as Head of Business and Market Development and Sambrooke Scott as Head of Audience Development.
Depending on the nature of your query, an appropriate member of the Screen Scotland team will be happy to meet you.
Applications close at 17.00 Tuesday 4th August.
PREVIOUS 2020 HOSTS
- Simon Nelson, Development Executive, BBC Writersroom
- Adam Barker, Channel Executive BBC TWO
- Charlotte Reid, Head of Commissioning, L&E, Discovery UK
- Emma Westcott, Commissioning Editor, Factual, Channel 5
- Paul Hembury & Helen O’Donnell, TalentWorks BBC Studios
- Daniel Korn,VP Programming, A+E Networks UK
- Romy Page, Commissioning Executive, Discovery
- Helen Nightingale, Senior Commissioning Editor, UKTV
- Gabriel Silver, Commissioning Editor, Drama, Sky
- Kevin O'Brien, Commissioning Editor, Entertainment, ITV
- Luke Hyams, Head of Originals EMEA, Youtube
- Fozia Khan, Commissioning Editor, Documentaries, Channel 4
- Chloe Tucker, Commissioning Editor, ITV
- Syeda Irtizaali, Commissioning Editor, Entertainment, BBC
- Carolyn Payne, Commissioning Editor, National Geographic