connectED Speed Meetings FAQs
- How do I request a meeting?
Choose which hosts you would like to meet with, and follow the link on their profile to the meeting request form. Complete the form and you will see a ‘thank you’ screen confirming your request has been submitted.
- Where/how will the meetings be held?
The meetings will be held via Zoom during the digital Festival 24th-27th August. If your request is successful you will be invited to join a zoom call.
- Can I request a specific time for my meetings?
The meetings are scheduled according to the availability of the hosts. We hope you’ll make space in your calendar to attend your meetings as we are unable to accommodate individual requests.
- Why are meetings only available to delegates?
The speed meetings are part of the whole Festival experience and as such are available to pass holders only.
- How long will my meeting be?
Your meeting will be ten minutes long. A team member will admit you to the zoom meeting and introduce you to your host. They will keep track of time and advise you when your slot is coming to an end.
- When and how will I hear if my meeting requests have been successful?
You will be sent a confirmation email by Friday August 21st. We will use the email address you used to register your request to contact you.
- Will my meeting request be valid if I am not a delegate at the time of application?
When you request a meeting we will cross reference your name with the delegate list. If your name doesn’t appear, unfortunately we will not be able to accept your request so please buy your pass before applying for meetings.
- Can I bring a colleague with me to my speed meeting?
The meetings are a chance for a one-on-one meeting so delegates will have to fly solo.
- Will all my requests be successful?
We cannot guarantee all meeting requests will be granted but we’ll do our best to match delegates with at least one of your chosen hosts and/or a host who works in the same field.
- Do I have to have a zoom account to participate?
No, you can join the meeting via the link we send to you, and entering the password provided.