APPLICATION DEADLINE: 22 FEB 10AM
The Edinburgh Television Festival brought to you by YouTube and BT is one of the most prestigious media events in the UK – bringing together all parts of the television and digital world to celebrate the creativity, diversity and inspirational talent in our field, and to debate the major issues facing us as an industry. The Festival draws around 2000 delegates from the major networks and production companies internationally. We’ve attracted some of the world’s most influential, powerful and exciting industry players to take part in the Festival – including Michaela Coel, Joanna Lumley, Hugh Grant, Al Gore, Rupert Murdoch, Ted Turner, Ricky Gervais, Vince Gilligan, Germaine Greer, Tessa Ross, Simon Cowell, Ted Sarandos and Elisabeth Murdoch.
The Festival takes place every August at the heart of the Edinburgh festival season. We also run other events throughout the year with the aim of engaging and inspiring the TV industry, these range from our punchy and provocative EdTalks lectures to Q & A’s with channel bosses from across the globe.
We are a charitable organisation with a mission to identify and nurture the next generation of talent, whatever their background. We run two talent schemes – The Network gives brand new entrants a vital first step into the TV and digital industries while Ones to Watch supports those at the early stages of their career.
In addition to traditional administrative duties, as our Partnerships Co-ordinator you will take an active role in the sales and marketing administration process by supporting the Partnerships team daily. This will include scheduling meetings, answering inquiries, utilising the festivals systems, activating campaigns, developing and maintaining key supplier relationships and performing any special projects as requested. The position provides an opportunity to learn how a prestigious Festival is run from the inside, you will learn how Festival Partnerships contribute to the event and about the wider television industry within a dynamic charity. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, possessing a desire to pursue a career in television events
As a Partnerships Co-ordinator, you will be part of Partnerships team, consisting of the Partnerships Manager and Senior Partnerships Manager. Your role will be to support the team to activate our partnerships, manage events, invoice and any other administrative duties required. You will be responsible for assisting the following:
- Activating partnerships across Edinburgh TV Festival social platforms, the ETF website and printed programmes. Ensuring that all required content is received before deadlines.
- Uploading and submitting the marketing collateral from partners to the ETF Website.
- Arranging delivery and on-site management of all delegate and VIP bag insertions.
- Assist the Partnerships Manager with contra deals and liaise with the Marketing Manager to ensure deals are activated.
- Liaising with client and Operations Manager to manage guestlists for the sponsored events.
- Aiding and assisting the Partnerships Manager and Senior Partnerships Manager with creating proposals for new and existing partnerships.
- Researching new venue options for networking events.
- Supporting the team on site at events.
- Supporting the team with contract writing and invoicing.
- Any other general administrative tasks for the Partnerships team required.
- Strong administrative mind with the ability to organise and ensure administrative requirements of the partnerships team are met.
- Experience of supporting and co-ordinating activations and events.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office programmes, such as Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills particularly in relation to writing proposals and presentations.
- Work well in a small but very busy team, supporting colleagues where possible.
- A positive mindset with a can-do attitude and a willingness to get stuck in.
- TV sector knowledge is preferable.
Is this you? Then don’t wait any longer, apply now and you could be joining us for the next Edinburgh TV Festival.
Please send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org