Talent Schemes Assistant
APPLICATION DEADLINE: 14 MARCH AT 10AM
We are seeking a full time Talent Schemes Assistant to support the Talent Schemes Producer and Director, Education & Talent Development in the planning and delivery of our two charitable schemes, The Network and Ones to Watch, which help nurture new and emerging talent within the TV industry.
As part of a smaller department within the Festival team, you’ll work across a range of areas throughout the year, including outreach, recruitment, logistical planning and on-site delivery. This is a great opportunity to gain experience of working on both a major live event and within a charitable organisation.
The position is offered as a permanent full-time role, with a start date in late April. You will be based primarily at our London offices in Farringdon, with some travel nationwide for assessment days and outreach, plus a week in Edinburgh from 18 – 24 August.
- Confidence in dealing with senior and external contacts from a range of backgrounds in a professional manner
- Comfortable in dealing with assessment days with up to 100 participants
- Strong organisational skills to plan and prioritise while responding flexibly to changing priorities
- Outstanding attention to detail and accuracy and a highly conscientious work ethic
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Pleasant and confident telephone manner
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office
- Experience in a busy office environment
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Able to learn and apply new knowledge and skills quickly
- Proactive, positive, friendly and enthusiastic approach to work
- Good team player
- Passionate about TV
- Events experience
- Understanding and knowledge of the TV industry
- Experienced using social media, particularly Twitter, Instagram and Facebook
- Database management
- Basic knowledge of website design and maintenance
- Knowledge of Photoshop and Mailchimp
You will initially be working on outreach for both The Network and Ones to Watch, including communicating with partner organisations; looking after Schemes social accounts, and attending relevant events. When applications for the schemes are coming in, you will manage the application process and co-ordinate marking. Once the shortlist is created, you will be responsible for a number of assessment days nationwide during June and July. Once the final delegates have been chosen, you will be their main contact, as well as managing travel and accommodation booking for session producers. The Talent Schemes’ year builds up to the delivery of two separate programmes of workshops and masterclasses running alongside the Edinburgh International Television Festival in August.
Throughout the year, you will research our alumni database and build relationships with Schemes delegates, past and present. We also run a number of non-Edinburgh alumni events outside of the main Festival period, as well as The New Voice Awards, where you will help recruit and manage juries and submissions. You will be the first point of contact for enquiries about both Schemes, and help manage and minute meetings. There will also be some office management responsibilities, as required.
If you would like to apply for the role, please submit a cover letter, CV and completed monitoring form.
Interview deadline: 10am Thursday March 14th.
First round interviews will take place on Monday 18th March in Farringdon, with second round interviews taking place on Thursday 21st March. Planned start date is w/c April 15th.