CEO, Visland Media
As CEO of Visland Media, Alex oversees all aspects of the company’s operations including International Distribution, Development, Production, and Branded Content. He is the Executive Producer of the international travel series Buskers, as well as various lifestyle series including Seller’s Market, Realty Reality, and See It, Love It, Buy It.
Alex is looking to meet:
- Delegates with unscripted projects in need of international distribution that are completed or already have the majority of their financing in place. We represent most types of unscripted programming including: Reality, Documentary, Science & Nature, Lifestyle, Outdoors, Sports, and Travel.
- As a boutique distributor we can ensure that your project won’t get lost in our catalogue and will be well represented to our database in excess of three thousand media buyers around the world.
- Forensic Files
- House Hunters International
- Planet Earth
Having previously worked for NBC Universal and Filmwave, Harry joined DRG as the Acquisitions Coordinator in February 2017.
Harry is looking to meet:
- New companies and producers without a First Look Deal.
- We are looking for internationally commercial formats, finished tape of Science, Lifestyle, Wildlife/Nature and History Docs as well as High volume Fact-Ent series.
Juliette heads up TRX alongside TV and Rights veterans David and Matthew Frank, founders of the revolutionary online licensing system.
TRX is the online deal-making tool for TV rights licensing. We enable buyers and sellers to close more deals, more efficiently.On TRX entire licensing deals can be completed securely online – from discovering and screening content to negotiating a price and signing a contract. TRX has thousands of hours from many of the world’s top distributors, all immediately available to license on TRX.
Uniquely, using the TRX Deal Grid, Buyers can instantly see content that is available to them in their territories. TRX has streamlined the licensing process, reducing the time it takes to source content and do a deal.
Juliette is looking for:
- International Broadcasters and significant volume content owners.
- International Acquisitions and Business Affairs Executives
- TV content distributors
- The Good Wife
- Peter Kay’s Car Share
If you’d like to arrange a meeting with Juliette during the festival please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Lulu has worked at BBC Bristol, Brook Lapping, Tigress and Channel 5.
For Drive she acquires singles and series for international distribution.Drive distributes internationally for producers and broadcasters, representing high-quality factual and fact-ent programming.
Drive also works with producers to help raise funding and get shows into production. We can take on a project at pitch stage and work to bring in full funding, help find that elusive co-production partner, or come on late to secure the final closing funds to get you into production.
Lulu is looking to meet:
- Producers with finished or near-finished content
- Producers with projects with commissioner interest, needing co-production funding
- Areas of interest are: science, tech, wildlife/natural history, lifestyle, history, reality
In Edinburgh, we are mainly looking to meet with independent producers to acquire their shows for distribution.
- Exodus: Our Journey to Europe
- America in Colour
Head of Research, Global Agency
Nassima Boudi is responsible for searching for new international content for Global Agency’s catalogue.
“Nassima has excellent working relationships in the business and strong experience in international television,” said Izzet Pinto, CEO of the Istanbul-based firm, which is known for shows including period drama Magnificent Century and new format The Legend.
“She will be the key person in our team to look for a broad overview of international TV trends as well as insight into local TV markets across all continents.”
Boudi was previously international senior sales manager at France-based Eurodata TV Worldwide
Nassima is looking for:
- Formats in any of these genres: Talent, Lifestyle, Game, Quiz, Factual Reality, Dating, Beauty show, Cooking show, Adventure game, Reality Entertainment….
- All programs, paper formats, pilots… with international potential.
- She would like to meet people who develop, produce and can write a strong concept.
Acting Head of Acquisitions
Beyond Distribution is an experienced and successful distribution company which, since its inception in 1984, has built an international reputation for distributing programmes that appeal to audiences throughout the world. It is also known for its sales, accounting and servicing support, for effective promotion and marketing of programmes and, most importantly, for achieving high prices and high sales volumes.
Utilising the expertise of experienced sales and acquisitions teams, Beyond works collaboratively with producers, advising on elements which will increase the sales potential of their projects, and providing feedback and information about the international marketplace.
As a truly international group, with offices in Sydney, London and Dublin, it represents a roster of successful producers from around the world, including CBBC, Great Pacific, MorningStar Entertainment, Citizen Skull, MTV Networks, Temple Street Productions, Big Coat Productions, Paperny Entertainment, Greenstone Pictures, Top Shelf Productions, Atlas Media Corp., Prospero Productions, Open Mind Productions, Rockhopper TV, Moving Visuals Co. Pty Ltd, True North Productions, RTR Media, JV Productions, Great Southern Television, Machine Productions, Trilogy Media and Beyond Productions.
The strength and quality of Beyond’s catalogue is well known in the international marketplace and its programming is actively sought out by international buyers. It has developed long-term key relationships with broadcasters worldwide with whom it deals directly.In addition to attending major markets, such as MIPTV, MIPDOC, MIPCOM, MIPCOM Junior, Discop, Asian Television Forum and Apex Market, the sales team focuses heavily on territory sales trips to forge and maintain strong relationships with buyers.
- Looking for new content: kids (preschool as well as 6 to 12 years old), factual, lifestyle, natural history.
- No current affairs, no sports, no feature films, no one-offs.
- Beyond’s high quality catalogue of approximately 4,000 hours of programming spans all genres and features with successful and award-winning titles such as Highway Thru Hell, Addicted to the Life, The Will, Love it or List it, Mythbusters, Iconicles, Absolute Genius with Dick’n Dom and Hero Squad. All recently launched programming is produced in high definition.
Head of Content, WDR mediagroup GmbH
Senior Sales Manager, WDR mediagroup GmbH
WDR mediagroup (WDRmg) – a subsidiary of WDR, one of the biggest European public broadcasting stations – acts as marketer and rights distributor of quality programmes and formats.
Comedy, big shiny floor shows, late-night-shows, children’s edutainment, animation & live-action and everything in between: With its wide range of children’s programmes, innovative format slate and its newly established remake catalogue, WDRmg offers content for every target group and slot.
Alongside WDR-owned brands and content, WDRmg also handles international sales for products by various well-known independent producers and production companies.
Stefanie heads up the department responsible for worldwide sales for formats and kids programmes, as well as managing the overall content distribution strategy for all genres. She is also responsible for the respective acquisitions & co-productions, where they are looking for third party content that sits well with the distribution – catalogue coming out of WDR.
Nicole is the Senior Sales Manager in charge of the distribution of WDR mediagroup’s formats (unscripted and scripted) and kids programmes worldwide as well as looking for new formats for WDRmg’s international catalogue.
Stefanie and Nicole are looking for:
- Formats that are available for worldwide distribution, from all kinds of genres (Factual Entertainment, big shiny floor Shows, Reality, Game Shows, Quiz etc.) as well as Scripted Remake rights
- We would love to talk to people that develop and / or produce great, creative Formats.
- We are not only looking for ideas that fit to a public broadcast, as some may think due to us belonging to one. Commercial ideas are very welcome as well.
Will heads up the Acquisition team at TVF International, the UK’s leading independent distributor of factual programming.
As well as acquiring completed content from producers across the globe, TVF can also assist with pre-sales, co-productions and deficit financing thanks to their strong broadcaster relationships and 35 year experience in the factual market.
Will is looking for:
- Strong factual one-offs and series with an international appeal.
- Formats that will travel, from specialist factual to factual entertainment..